Be a Volunteer of KMSPKS, join our big family now!
Volunteering work aids in your spiritual cultivation through serving the Triple Gems & benefit all sentient beings. Practicing the 6 Perfections/Paramitas
(Generosity, Morality, Patience, Effort, Meditative concentration and Wisdom) not only serves the welfare of others, but act as an inner cultivation for the attainment of Enlightenment.
Since 1982, it has been supported by volunteers who served the Dharma relentlessly. As we grew over the years, Volunteer Department was formed in May 2004 to manage and match volunteers to their areas of interest and expertise. A database was created to record their particulars and activities. Since then, approximately 1,500 volunteers were recruited. They were often sent for skills training. such as firefighting, first aid and CPR course. In December 2004, volunteers were mobilized for the tsunami relief efforts at the monastery. Some 18 containers totaling 216,300 kg of relief supplies were sent to Sri Lanka.
Gratitude for Volunteers
In KMSPKS, we are grateful and appreciate our volunteers’ efforts by creating a conducive & friendly environment. Volunteers get to
- meet like-minded spiritual-friends to discuss and share the Dharma.
- acquire new skills through training (provided for volunteers to perform their assigned duties)
- attend orientation to get an overview of KMSPKS programs.
- receive T-Shirt and Volunteer Card upon confirmation.
- vegetarian meals are provided when volunteers are on duty. Annual appreciation luncheon to recognize the volunteers efforts
- transportation services are provided during major events.
- know about upcoming KMSPKS programs such as retreats, talks and workshops
For individuals who are keen to volunteer at the monastery, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Volunteer Guideline | Volunteer Calendar