2021 Buddhist Discourse (FULL)
Sutra Piṭaka (Basket of Discourse) is one of the most important sources for understanding the Dharma and spiritual development. It contains hundreds of discourses that covers wide range of topics that is relevant to our daily life in this modern time; such as relationships among family members, wider societal issues, and even concerns about being overweight.
Sutra Piṭaka also conveys the vibrant, dynamic and crisscrossing cultural currents that characterise the life of the Buddha. Through such vivid explorations, Buddha’s teachings are delivered for the betterment of sentient beings and the beautiful fruits of Buddhist practice can be tasted not only in the future, but also the present.
Register for the 2021 Buddhist Discourse and begin your spiritual enhancement journey today.
Instructor: Venerable Dr. Chuan Xuan
Born in 1979, Venerable Dr. Chuan Xuan became a novice monk in 1998. He devoted the years before and after his ordination under the Most Venerable Master Mingshan at Nanshan Monastery, Zhangzhou, Fujian, in 2000 to the learning of the Buddha-dharma and to the study of monastic stipulations at monasteries in Sichuan and Fujian.
In 2005, he came to KMSPKS to live under the tutelage of the Most Venerable Kwang Sheng before pursuing further studies overseas. Venerable Dr. Chuan Xuan obtained his BA, MA, and PhD at the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka (2005-2011), SOAS, UK (2011-2013) and the University of Ghent, Belgium (2013-2018) respectively. In 2018, Venerable Dr. Chuan Xuan returned to KMSPKS to join the teaching faculty at the Buddhist College of Singapore.
|Topic||Content||Date (every Sun)||Video Download Time|
||17 Jan to 7 Mar 2021||3pm|
|Buddhist Mental Development||
||11 Apr to 30 May 2021|
|Buddhist Insight and Wisdom||
||4 Jul to 22 Aug 2021|
- Please refer to http://bit.ly/BD2021schedule for the latest class schedule.
- Each lesson is 1 hour 30 minutes long.
- For course fee concession, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable upon confirmation.
- Video link will be sent to registrants via email nearer to the date.
- Registrants may download the lesson video from 3pm on lesson day.
- Registrants must be mindful to avoid sharing/posting the download link/video with non-registrants.
|Venue:||E-Learning (Pre-recorded Video)|
|Fee:||$110 per person per course year|
1) Online Registration at http://bit.ly/BD2021Reg
2) Reception Office @ KMSPKS | 9am – 4pm
|Enquiry:||email@example.com / 68495345|