Mindfulness Foundation 正念基础班
Looking for a way to relieve stress and anxiety?
Sign up for the Mindfulness Foundation course developed by Dr Jon Kabat Zinn from the University of Massachusetts (UMASS) Medical School, Centre for Mindfulness. Based on the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme, the course brings you through mindfulness techniques to help you focus better and worry less.
1. Increase work efficiency
2. Learn how to cope with stressful experience at work or at home as well as pain and illnesses
3. Manage difficult emotions like anger, fear and anxiety
4. Stop worrying and focus better
1. Describe what is mindfulness
2. Perform mindfulness practices:
• Body scan
• Mindful movement
• Sitting meditation
• Loving Kindness meditation
• Walking meditation
• Mindful eating
3. Acknowledge the benefits of practising mindfulness
4. Practise mindfulness in daily life
*participants need to be at least 18 years old
报名根据正念减压MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction)所编制的正念基础班，透过正念的技巧学习如何减轻压力，提升专注力。
7.30pm to 9.30pm
231 Bain Street, #03-39,
$160 per person for 4 sessions
Mr Ong Pee Eng, Qualified Teacher of MBSR
Mr Ong started practising mindfulness while studying in NUS, more than 25 years ago. After graduating, he went to work in the IT industry as a software project manager for 20 years. He then entered a crisis due to reorganisation within the company. He ramped up his mindfulness practice and it tided him through that stressful period. Married with 2 teenage daughters, mindfulness has allowed him to focus better and worry less. Now, he is retired from the IT industry and ambitions to train people in mindfulness practice.
He conducts mindfulness workshop, 4 to 8 weeks-long mindfulness course, 6 to 10 weeks-long mindfulness classes for students in schools, and 1-on-1 meditation session.
His interest in evidence-based teaching led him to pursue further training, and become
– Qualified Teacher of the 8-week MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) program from the University of Massachusetts (UMASS), Center for Mindfulness in US
– Certified Teacher of the mindfulness for student program, Paws b (7-11yrs) and .b (11-18yrs) from the Mindfulness in School Project (MiSP) in UK
– Certified ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) trainer under WSQ (Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications).
– 美国麻省大学正念中心（UMASS）的MBSR（Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction正念减压）课程合格导师
– 英国 Mindfulness in School Project（MiSP）的Paws b（7-11岁）和.b（11-18岁）儿童正念课程认证导师
– 25年前开始学习正念禅修，目前是一位全职的正念导师 ，帮助学员减轻压力，并改善他们的健康状况。- 开办课程包含午间正念工作坊、四至八周的正念课程、六至十周的儿童正念课程以及一对一的正念课程。