What’s the best way to cope with stress and anxiety?
Learn stress-relieving techniques through the Mindfulness Foundation course developed by Dr Jon Kabat Zinn from the University of Massachusetts (UMASS) Medical School, Centre for Mindfulness. Based on the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme, the course brings you through mindfulness techniques to help you focus better and worry less.
Instructor: Mr Ong Pee Eng, Qualified Teacher of MBSR
Mr Ong started practising mindfulness while studying in NUS, more than 25 years ago. After graduating, he went to work in the IT industry as a software project manager for 20 years. He then entered a crisis due to reorganisation within the company. He ramped up his mindfulness practice and it tided him through that stressful period. Married with 2 teenage daughters, mindfulness has allowed him to focus better and worry less. Now he is retired from the IT industry and ambitions to train people in mindfulness practice.
He conducts mindfulness workshop, 4 to 8 weeks-long mindfulness course, 6 to 10 weeks-long mindfulness classes for students in schools, and 1-on-1 meditation session.
His interest in evidence-based teaching led him to pursue further training, and become
- Qualified Teacher of the 8-week MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) program from the University of Massachusetts (UMASS), Center for Mindfulness in US
- Certified Teacher of the mindfulness for student program, Paws b (7-11yrs) and .b (11-18yrs) from the Mindfulness in School Project (MiSP) in UK
- Certified ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) trainer under WSQ (Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications).
- Increase work efficiency
- Learn how to cope with stressful experience at work or at home as well as pain and illnesses
- Manage difficult emotions like anger, fear and anxiety
- Stop worrying and focus better
- Describe what is mindfulness
- Perform mindfulness practices:
- Body scan
- Mindful movement
- Sitting meditation
- Loving Kindness meditation
- Walking meditation
- Mindful eating
- Acknowledge the benefits of practising mindfulness
- Practise mindfulness in daily life
Date: Group A – 26 Aug to 16 Sep 2019 Every Mon | 2pm to 4pm
Group B – 11 Oct to 1 Nov 2019 Every Fri | 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Venue: Awareness Hub 普觉坊 231 Bain Street #03-39 Bras Basah Complex Singapore 180231
Fee: $160 per person for 4 sessions
Enquiry: email@example.com / 6336 5067