Join Venerable Chanmyay Sayadawgyi and his disciples in a 9-day or 4-day meditation retreat this June! The retreat combines the meditation techniques of Metta (loving-kindness) and Vipassana (insight meditation), a practice under the strict Mahasi tradition.
This intensive meditation retreat includes a range of activities such as meditation sessions, interviews, and Q&A sessions, which give meditators better understanding and clarity in their meditation progress.
* This event is a stay-out retreat for both Full time & Part-time.
|Vipassana Meditation Retreat|
• 10 – 18 June 2017 (9-day) | Saturday – Sunday
• 10 – 13 June 2017 (4-day) | Saturday – Tuesday [Part-time]
|Time: 8am – 8pm|
|Venue: Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery (Participants will be informed of the exact hall at a later date)|
• $180 (9-day)
• $100 (4-day)
• (1) Online Registration : 9-day
• (2) Online Registration : 4-day
• Reception @ KMSPKS | 9AM – 4PM (Please bring along your NRIC to register)
|Registration Closing Date: 1 June 2017 or when fully registered|
|Enquiry: 6849 5300 | email@example.com | Poster|
|Venerable Profile :
Venerable Ashin Janakabhivamsa, also known as Chanmyay Sayadaw, is the Abbot of Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Center in Myanmar since 1977.
He is a Master Teacher in both Vipassana (insight meditation) and Metta (loving-kindness) meditation practices. He conducts Dharma talks in both English and Burmese, and travels extensively to conduct meditation retreats and Dharma talks throughout the world.
For deeper understanding of Venerable Chanmyay Sayadawgyi, please visit http://bit.do/csgyi17
Participants will have to undertake Nine Precepts during the Retreat:
1. Sixth precept refers to refrain from eating after noon daily.
2. Ninth precept refers to upholding of Metta.