Qing Ming Festival 清明节
Qing Ming is a traditional festival for the Chinese to remember and honour their ancestors by visiting their columbarium, graves or burial grounds.
As Buddhists, we can spend Qing Ming Festival recollecting the kindness of our forefathers and honouring them by remembering how they had lived a worthy life. In addition, we can also emulate the qualities of the noble ones who have come before us by observing their teachings.
* In view of the Novel Coronavirus, the monastery will be temporarily stopping all our activities. Please refer to Notice on Novel Coronavirus for the latest update.
Qing Ming Prayer Ceremony | 4 Apr
The Compassionate Samadhi Water Repentance Sutra
Registration begins 04/02/2020
For inquiry, please call 6849 5333
Or Visit Our Front Office | 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
* Front Office Opening Hours on 4 Apr | 7.00 am – 8.00 pm
清明节超度法会 | 4月4日
询问 6849 5333
莅临寺务处 | 早上八点半至下午四点半
* 寺务处在4月4日开放时间 | 早上七点至晚上八点
• Our staff may check the tablet number on your application form to prevent unsolicited collection of offerings.
• 为避免供品不当的被人领取, 本寺工作人员将会查看您报名表格的荐牌号码.
* Kindly note that the time schedule is subjected to change
KMSPKS would like to remind visitors:
Before Your Visit
- Bring only Vegetarian food, fruits, flowers for offering. No alcohol, meat products are allowed at the monastery.
- Have a mindful and greener Qing Ming. Burning less joss paper and reducing food wastage. No joss paper boxes are allowed to be burnt during this period.
- Ensure your offerings are looked after or inform the cleaners. Unattended offerings will be removed.
- Watch over lit candles and incense so as to prevent fire hazards.
- Please clear your offerings after prayers. If you wish to donate fruits, please place them in the designated bins provided.
- Please remove all plastic materials before burning items at the Eco-burner.
- 大众可用鲜花，素食和水果祭拜。 寺内禁止酒精及肉类食品。
What to do after a prayer or performing a positive act? 祭祀完毕后该做怎么？
It is said that when we engage in some form of spiritual practice, good deeds, we are accumulating merit. Buddhist practice conclude with dedicating the benefit of our wholesome act to relieving the suffering of sentient beings.
There are various phrases use for dedication, such as :
May the merits and virtues accrued from the work adorn the Buddha’s Pureland.
Repay the four kindness above and relieve the suffering of those in the Three Realms below.
May those who see and hear of this, bring forth the Bodhi mind,
and live the teachings for the rest of this life, then be born together in the Land of Ultimate Bliss.
You can also create a dedication in your own words for your loved ones or the departed; such as ” By the virtue of this meritorous act, may mother attain full enlightenment…” It’s results will follow the vastness of your intent.
Do Buddhists burn joss paper? 佛教焚烧冥纸吗?
Joss paper burning for the ancestors is a traditional Chinese custom for fear that the deceased may not have enough provision in the other world. However, according to Buddhism, after the death of a person, one is reborn in one of the six realms: gods, (asura) demi-gods, humans, animals, ghosts and hell realm; depending on one’s karma created in the past. And this conditions what one is able to receive.
The Chinese placed importance to the virtue-filial piety and offering items such as joss paper provides the opportunity to make space and take time to remember the loved ones. With this context, burning a small quantity of joss paper for the deceased, express one’s thoughts with respect is acceptable as long as they are moderate, not wasteful, or bringing harm to the environment. However, the best practice to generate merit for the ancestors is through charitable deed, building a stupa, or make offerings to the Triple Gem.
Columbarium Opening Hours 骨灰塔开放时间
- Weekdays 星期一至五:
7am to 4.30pm
- Weekends & Public Holiday 周末及假日:
6am to 5pm
- Actual day 4 Apr 正日:
6am to 9pm
- Peak hours 繁忙时段:
10am to 1pm
- Wheelchairs are available at drop-off point Ju Yuan Fang, Venerable Hong Choon Memorial Hall Building,
- First Aid Volunteers are on stand-by during peak weekends. Do approach on-duty team if you need assistance.
Explore other favourable merit-making ways 其他为先人修积功德做法有：
May All Beings be well & happy! 愿众生离苦得乐！
You might also be interested in.. 您可能喜欢…